Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dog Stories

I will add stories to this section, so check back....

My dogs think they know when breakfast time should be. Sometimes I get right up to get it over with. Occasionally, I get them out into the hallway and shut the door. Of course there is the whining and scratching at the door. "Hey, what the heck?" I can envision them on the other side of the door, with their heads cocked to the side, tails wagging and muscles tensed. Frequently I play possum. This game goes on for awhile. If I move a muscle it starts all over again. The final straw is when Tally steps on my hair. This morning was a possum day. So how did Tally get me up? She laid on my head, with her paws over my mouth. I was laying on my right side, so her paws were draped. That totally cracked me up. As I walked down the hall to the kitchen pantry, where I store their morsels, there was much commotion. Tally jumps up and down, usually running into Goldie (who is the one who starts the wake up "procedure" in the first place through some sort of code she sends out to Tally) and sometimes I get bumped into. If I am particularly goofy I ask if anybody wants food, and then the jumping gets higher and I am lucky if I can get the pantry door open. Once the food is in the bowl, it is placed on the floor and poof it is gone....ahhhh, calm.

No comments: